Roasted mushrooms with rocket pesto
- July 2007
- Serves 4 (and makes 350ml pesto)
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 25-30 minutes to bake
Try these flavoursome roasted mushrooms, with a punchy rocket pesto, as an easy starter or satisfying lunch.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 75g cashew nuts
- 50g wild rocket
- 25g fresh basil leaves
- 50g Grana Padano, grated
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 250g portabello mushrooms
- 25g Grana Padano, shaved
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. To make the pesto, place the cashew nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the rocket, basil and cheese and whizz briefly to mix. Then pour in the oil in a steady slow stream and blend until smooth. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepperand set aside.
- Place the mushrooms on a greased baking tray and spread each with about a teaspoon of pesto. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender, and serve.
The remaining pesto will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge. Stir into pasta, use as a tasty dressings for salad, or spread onto warm bread for a snack.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Griddled chicken with white beans and rocket pesto
Buttery griddled chicken breasts are served on a bed of pesto-coated cannellini beans in this...