Rocket pesto-filled mushrooms with Camembert
- May 2004
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
This quick and easy stuffed mushroom recipe makes for a simple midweek meal
- 47.5g (15.5g saturated)
- 30g (4.3g sugar)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g fresh rocket
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 65g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 beef tomato
- 4 large cup-shaped portobello or field mushrooms, stalks removed
- 150g Camembert, cut into 8 slices
- Salad, to serve
- Put the garlic, rocket and oil into a food processor and whizz to give a thick, green oil. Add 50g of the breadcrumbs and some seasoning and mix well. Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cut the beef tomato into 4 slices. Put a slice into each mushroom, then season well. Divide the rocket mixture between each. Lay 2 slices of Camembert across the mushrooms, then transfer on to a baking tray. Sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are lightly golden and the cheese has melted. Serve 2 mushrooms on each plate with a few dressed salad leaves and plenty of crusty bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pancetta, couscous and feta-stuffed portobello mushrooms
This clever stuffed mushroom recipe uses time-saving products to make midweek cooking a cinch.