Roasted sprouts with caramelised shallots, apple and sage
- December 2013
- Serves 4-6 as a side
- Takes 10 min to make, 30 min to cook
Add some interest to the usual brussel sprout side dish recipe by roasting them and serving them with apple, shallot and sage.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4.9g (2.9g saturated),
- 5.9g (5.2g sugars)
- trace salt
For 6 servings
- 300g brussels sprouts, quartered
- 4 small round shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 braeburn or similar British eating apple, cored and sliced
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- Good pinch of caster sugar
- 1½ tbsp cider vinegar
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the sprouts and parboil for 3-4 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water, then toss in a bowl with the shallots, apple, melted butter, sugar and vinegar. Season well.
- Tip into a roasting tin and scatter over the sage leaves. Roast for 25 minutes until golden and starting to caramelise. Serve immediately.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...