Roasted squash and pepper salad
- February 2006
- Serves 4 people
- Ready in 30-40 minutes
A lovely warm vegetarian salad with roasted butternut squash and peppers. Substantial enough for a healthy dinner.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
- 800g butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried chillies
- 130g bag Florette Watercress, Spinach and Rocket salad leaves
- Handful of mixed fresh coriander and mint leaves
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
For the tomato dressing
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 7 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- Pinch of crushed dried chillies
- Make the dressing. Put the tomatoes and vinegar in a small pan and heat gently. Set aside for 30 minutes. Blend in a mini processor with the rest of the ingredients until chunky. Add 1 tablespoon warm water. Season.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cook the peppers in a roasting tin for 30 minutes.
- Quarter, deseed and peel the squash. Cut into 1cm pieces. Toss with the oil, garlic, chilli and season. Cook in a roasting tin for 20 minutes, until tender.
- Put the peppers in a plastic bag, seal and cool. Remove the stalks, skin and seeds. Slice the flesh.
- Divide the salad leaves and herbs between 4 plates. Scatter with the squash, peppers and two-thirds of the chickpeas. Stir the rest into the dressing. Spoon over the salad and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian bake recipes
Roasted red pepper, spinach and goat’s cheese pasta bake
This vegetarian pasta bake uses grilled red peppers for their naturally intense sweetness. Combined with...