Rosemary and garlic roast potatoes
- November 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 minutes to make and 35 minutes in the oven
This rosemary and garlic roast potatoes recipe is the ideal partner with roasted meat or fish.
- 11.6g (1.3g saturated)
- 43.1g (2.3g sugar)
- 1.5kg small, even-size floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper
- Sunflower oil, for roasting
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Peel the potatoes and cut each one into about 1cm thick slices. Bring a pan of well-salted water to the boil, add the potato slices, bring back to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes, until soft on the outside but still hard in the centre. Drain well.
- Pour a thin layer of oil into a large roasting tin – about 200ml. Place in the oven for 5 minutes to get very hot. Meanwhile, crush the unpeeled garlic cloves a little using the blade of a large knife. Remove the roasting tin, add the potatoes in a single layer and spoon over some of the oil until they are all well-coated. Drain off the surplus oil, sprinkle with the rosemary sprigs and crushed garlic cloves and roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway, until crisp and golden. Season lightly with salt just before serving with the Roast monkfish fillet with red wine sauce and Steamed spinach with shallots (see recipes).
Rate & review