Salted peanut butter cookies
- June 2016
- Makes about 17
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 12 min
Say goodbye to salted caramel and hello to salted peanut butter with Debbie Major’s quick cookie recipe.
- 7.6g (3.3g saturated)
- 12.1g (6.1g sugars)
- 85g soft unsalted butter
- 50g granulated sugar
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 100g crunchy peanut butter (such as Whole Earth)
- 100g plain flour
- 25g cornflour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with the sugar and muscovado sugar until pale.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla bean paste or extract and peanut butter. Sift over and mix in flour, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and sea salt flakes. Cover and chill for 1 hour until firm.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls and put on a greased baking sheet, spaced 5cm apart. Flatten very slightly with your hand, then mark with a criss-cross pattern using the back of a fork dipped in sugar. Sprinkle each biscuit with a few sea salt flakes, then bake for 12 minutes until golden. Cool on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight tin.
Rate & review