Sausage, apple and potato one-pan roast
- January 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 35 min
This classic cool-weather dish with sausages, apples and potatoes has all the makings of British comfort food.
- 23.4g (9.5g saturated)
- 50.8g (11.4g sugars)
- 8 free-range British pork sausages
- 3 large baking potatoes, unpeeled, chopped into 3cm chunks (about 900g)
- 2-3 braeburn apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 20g unsalted butter, melted
- A few fresh thyme sprigs
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- Heat the oven to 210°C/fan190°C/gas 6½. In a large roasting in, toss the sausages, potato chunks and apple wedges with the melted butter and a generous amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Make sure everything’s coated in the butter and has enough room in the tin to go golden.
- Roast in the top third of the oven for 35 minutes, adding the thyme sprigs and sage leaves after the first 20 minutes and turning everything over at the same time. When the sausages, potatoes and apples are golden and caramelised, serve straightaway, making sure everyone gets 2-3 crispy sage leaves. Serve with Dijon or English mustard.
Next time, try using chicken thighs instead of sausages and add chunks of cooking chorizo to the pan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
One-tray roast chicken with pesto stuffing and greens
Weeknight dinner doesn’t come easier than a tray bake. Simply stuff chicken breasts with a...
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...
Goat’s cheese-stuffed chicken breasts with roasted beetroot
We’ve made these stuffed chicken breasts healthier by using half goatäó»s cheese, half lighter cream...