Seared fillet steak with pizzaiola sauce
- February 2006
- 4 x 175g fillet steaks, cut 4cm thick
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 450g vine-ripened tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- Leaves from 3 sprigs fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 handfuls Florette Wild Roquette
- Brush the steaks lightly with a little oil and season. Heat a cast-iron griddle over a high heat. Once smoking hot, add the steaks and reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare, or 21/2 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Rest the steaks somewhere warm.
- Meanwhile, put 3 tablespoons oil and the garlic in a medium frying pan over a high heat. Once the garlic sizzles, add the tomatoes and oregano and cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan every now and then. Season.
- Spoon the sauce onto warmed plates and scatter with capers. Place the steaks on top and garnish with the rocket to serve.
Fillet steak is a lower-fat choice and is packed with iron.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Braised steak with a wild mushroom and madeira sauce
Creamy mushroom and madeira sauce is the perfect partner for...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter