Seared fillet steak with pizzaiola sauce
- February 2006
- 4 x 175g fillet steaks, cut 4cm thick
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 450g vine-ripened tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- Leaves from 3 sprigs fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 handfuls Florette Wild Roquette
- Brush the steaks lightly with a little oil and season. Heat a cast-iron griddle over a high heat. Once smoking hot, add the steaks and reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare, or 21/2 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Rest the steaks somewhere warm.
- Meanwhile, put 3 tablespoons oil and the garlic in a medium frying pan over a high heat. Once the garlic sizzles, add the tomatoes and oregano and cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan every now and then. Season.
- Spoon the sauce onto warmed plates and scatter with capers. Place the steaks on top and garnish with the rocket to serve.
Fillet steak is a lower-fat choice and is packed with iron.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...