Spiced apple relish
- April 2012
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
This sweet and spicy relish makes the ideal accompaniment to roast pork.
- 0.1g (no saturated)
- 10.6g (10.5g sugars)
- 4 bramley apples (about 600g)
- 150ml cloudy cider
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- Good pinch of chilli flakes
- ¼-½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Good grating of nutmeg
- Peel and core the apples, then chop into 1cm pieces.
- Put in a pan with the cider, vinegar, sugar and spices, stirring to mix. Heat gently and cook for 15 minutes until the apples have softened and broken down.
- Taste and add more sugar if needed. Remove from the heat and spoon into a bowl. Serve warm alongside the pork.
Rate & review