Teriyaki salmon noodles
- July 2011
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 150g pack The Saucy Fish Co Fresh Teriyaki Sauce (from Tesco), or similar
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300g fresh egg noodles (from major supermarkets)
- 120g Tesco Sliced Spring Greens, or similar
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, leaves chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Put the salmon fillets in a shallow bowl and spoon over half the teriyaki sauce (reserve the rest). Leave to marinate for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Heat half the groundnut oil in a large sauté pan over a medium-high heat, add the salmon and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Remove, then flake into large pieces with a knife and fork. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan to remove any burnt bits, add the remaining oil, then return the pan to the heat. Add the spring onions and garlic, stir-fry for a minute, then stir through the noodles and spring greens. Fry until the greens are wilted and the noodles are heated through.
- Add 2 tbsp of the reserved teriyaki sauce to the pan, along with the chilli sauce, flaked salmon and coriander, then toss to coat. Serve the salmon noodles with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Use trout fillets instead of salmon, if you get a better deal on them.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Teriyaki chicken with sweet potato wedges and slaw
Give chicken a new lease of life with teriyaki flavours, a crunchy slaw and healthy...