Prawn noodle soup
- March 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
This refreshing soup of prawns, spinach, coriander and noodles is ready and on the table in under 30 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 4.3g (0.6g saturated)
- 38g (4.2g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1.2 litres fresh chicken stock
- 200g dried noodles (we used soba)
- 300g sustainably sourced frozen raw king prawns, defrosted
- 100g frozen spinach
- Soy sauce and lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Slice the onion, then add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes without colouring. Finely slice the garlic and add to the pan with the chilli flakes. Cook for 2 minutes. Finely slice the coriander stalks, reserving the leaves, then add to the pan with the fish sauce and stock. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain, rinse well under hot water, then set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns to the soup with the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns are completely pink. Taste and season. Divide the noodles among 4 bowls, then pour over the soup and garnish with the coriander leaves. Serve with soy sauce and lime wedges, if you like.
Double up and freeze – pour the ungarnished, cooled noodle soup into a freezer bag or container, then freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost to reheat.
Rate & review