Tomato pasta salad
- September 2018
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 20 min
Angela Hartnett’s light and summery pasta salad requires just five ingredients (four excluding olive oil) so quality is key here. Make it in just 20 minutes and serve as part of a garden party feast during the warmer months. Alternatively, it would make a great take-to-work lunch.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5.3g (0.8g saturated)
- 46.8g (5.5g sugars)
- 350g dried orecchiette (see tip)
- 750g cherry tomatoes (ideally Italian), halved
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bunches fresh basil, leaves picked
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in a large bowl with a generous pinch of sea salt flakes (or regular salt) and the crushed garlic. Toss well so the tomatoes start to release their juices.
- Tear the basil leaves and scatter over the tomatoes. Mix well and season with ground black pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the bowl with the tomatoes. Toss everything together, drizzle generously with olive oil and serve (or see Make Ahead).
Use any dried pasta shape you like; penne works equally well.
Make the recipe and keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 24 hours
Rate & review