Tropical fruit salad with raspberry and orange sauce
- February 2006
- Serves 6
- Ready in 15-20 minutes
Packed with vitamin C from kiwi, mango and papaya, this tropical fruit salad is sweet, nutritious and oh-so-colourful.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 1 small mango
- 1 small papaya
- ½ small pineapple
- 3 clementines
- 3 passion fruit, halved
For the sauce
- 225g frozen raspberries, thawed
- 50g caster sugar
- Finely grated zest of ½ orange
- Cut each kiwi fruit into 8 chunks. Peel the mango and slice the fruit away from the stone. Cut into small chunks. Peel, halve and deseed the papaya and cut into small chunks. Slice the top and bottom off the pineapple and cut away the skin. Cut the fruit in half and set one half aside for later. Cut the other half into quarters, remove the core and chop the rest of the fruit into small chunks. Cut the top and bottom off each clementine and then slice away all the skin and bitter white pith. Slice either side of each fruit segment to release them.
- Arrange the fruits on a large serving plate. Scoop out the passion fruit pulp and spoon over the other fruits. Cover and chill.
- Make the sauce. Put the raspberries, sugar and zest into a bowl and crush with a fork into a purée. Rub through a sieve into a clean bowl. Chill. Drizzle over the fruits to serve.
Add small strawberries if you can find them as they contain one of the highest amounts of vitamin C.
Rate & review