Warm squash, chorizo and chickpea salad with caramelised onions
- October 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 40 min
Roasted squash pairs perfectly with chorizo and chickpeas in this warming winter salad recipe.
- 28.6g (7.6g saturated)
- 45.1g (15.7g sugars)
- 1 medium squash (around 1kg prepared weight)
- 2 red onions
- Olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas
- 4 cooking chorizo sausages
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Roughly chop and deseed the squash and thickly slice the red onions. Toss in a glug of olive oil and 1 tbsp of the sherry vinegar, spread over 2 large baking trays, season and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the chickpeas and roughly chop the chorizo.
- Toss the chorizo and chickpeas with the squash mixture in the baking trays, spread out, then return to the oven for another 20 minutes. When ready, the squash and onions should be tinged with brown and the chickpeas crisp.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the spinach and coriander. Drizzle with olive oil and another 1-2 tbsp sherry vinegar, season, toss, then serve.
Rate & review