Wasabi-dressed salmon and basmati salad
- July 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 35-40 min to make and 8-10 min to bake
This recipe shows a simple, healthy way to serve a tasty salmon based salad.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 13.3g (2.2g saturated)
- 41.3g (10.2g sugar)
- 2.2g salt
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- ¾ tsp wasabi paste
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 450g piece good-quality salmon fillets, without skin
- 150g basmati and wild rice
- 150g pack mangetout, halved
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 20g pack fresh mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Shake the soy sauce, wasabi, lime juice and sugar together in a clean jam jar. Set aside. Season the salmon, put on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked. Put in a snug-fitting shallow dish, pour over half the dressing and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the rice and simmer for 25 minutes, adding the mangetout for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain. Cool under cold running water and drain again.
- Tip the rice and mangetout into a large bowl, add the spring onions, mint, poppy seeds and remaining wasabi dressing and mix. Add the cooled salmon and its dressing, and mix gently. Season and serve.
This recipe also works well with fresh tuna.
Rate & review