Vegan butternut squash and sage macaroni – video
A warming vegan macaroni recipe, with butternut squash and sage. It can be on the table in around 30 minutes.
Get Katy Berskow’s full recipe here, too.
Vegan butternut squash and sage macaroni:
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the squash to the water and cook over a medium heat for 10-11 minutes until very soft, then drain.
- Meanwhile, put the macaroni in a separate saucepan and pour over boiling water to cover. Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes (or according to the packet instructions) until al dente. Drain and keep warm in a serving dish.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Sprinkle over the sage, then cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Spoon the onion, garlic and sage mixture into a blender or food processor, along with the butternut squash (or use a bowl and stick blender). Pour in the vegetable stock and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the smooth sauce over the macaroni and stir together thoroughly. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and garnish with fresh basil
Looking for more vegan butternut squash recipes? Try our butternut squash and cauliflower laksa with rice noodles.