What to do with leftover picked walnuts
Discover recipes to use up leftover walnuts as a perfect nutritional and tasty addition to salads, main courses and desserts.
Recipes using picked walnuts
- Pork chops with apple and walnuts
- Pappardelle with purple sprouting broccoli, Dolcelatte and walnuts
- Warm goat’s cheese, walnut and pear salad
How to use up leftover picked walnuts
- A sharper welsh rarebit. Scatter chopped pickled walnuts over toasted sourdough. Prepare a basic rarebit mixture (search deliciousmagazine.co.uk), use to top the nutty toasts, then grill until golden.
- Cheesboard companion. Picked walnuts are a great addition to any cheeseboard, especially when paired with creamy brie or camembert, and crusty bread or oatcakes.