What to do with leftover picked walnuts
Discover recipes to use up leftover walnuts as a perfect nutritional and tasty addition to salads, main courses and desserts.
Recipes using picked walnuts
- Pork chops with apple and walnuts
- Pappardelle with purple sprouting broccoli, Dolcelatte and walnuts
- Warm goat’s cheese, walnut and pear salad
How to use up leftover picked walnuts
- A sharper welsh rarebit. Scatter chopped pickled walnuts over toasted sourdough. Prepare a basic rarebit mixture (search deliciousmagazine.co.uk), use to top the nutty toasts, then grill until golden.
- Cheesboard companion. Picked walnuts are a great addition to any cheeseboard, especially when paired with creamy brie or camembert, and crusty bread or oatcakes.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter