Your Christmas lunch time plan
Get even more organised this Christmas with this easy-to-follow time plan.
Your Christmas lunch time plan: To eat nibbles at 1pm, with lunch at 2pm
Find all of the recipes for this miraculous make-ahead lunch here.
- Remove the turkey from the fridge to bring it up to room temperature.
- Assemble the stuffed apples with chestnut and sage stuffing. Set aside in a cool place.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Soak the muslin for the turkey in the saffron butter and lay over the turkey.
- Calculate the cooking time and put the turkey in to roast.
- Turn the oven down to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4.
- Put the pudding on to steam for 2 hours.
- Put the Parma ham twists in the oven to crisp up for 10-12 minutes, adding the wrapped blinis for the last 5 minutes to warm through.
- Melt the goose fat in the oven for a couple of minutes and put the potatoes in to roast.
- Remove the muslin from the turkey for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Serve the clementine cocktails and nibbles.
- Put the root veg in the oven.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and leave to rest on a platter, loosely covered with foil. Increase the oven temperature for the potatoes and root veg to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Put the assembled apples in to roast.
- Stir the honey and mustard mix through the root veg and put in the oven to roast.
- Finish the winter greens with crispy bacon.
- Remove everything from the oven.
- Sprinkle herb salt over the potatoes.
- Serve Christmas lunch.
- Remove the pudding from the steamer.
- Serve the pudding and Calvados cream.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter