A fish recipe that's healthy, light, and cooked in just one tray.
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 30g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 8 mackerel fillets
- 300g tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1. Preheat the grill to medium high. Mix the breadcrumbs in a bowl with the herbs, lemon zest and butter, and season well. Lay the mackerel skin-side down on a greased baking tray and top with the breadcrumbs.
- 2. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and season. Grill the fish for 4-5 minutes until it’s cooked and the crust is golden. Serve with the salsa and new potatoes, if you like.
Per serving: 722kcals, 57.7g fat (14.3g saturated), 32.5g protein, 19.3g carbs, 3.4g sugar, 0.8g salt
For a picnic salad, make the salsa and grill the mackerel as per the recipe, then allow the mackerel
to cool. Add a can of drained and rinsed butter beans to the salsa, then flake in the mackerel and pack into a container.