- 500g potatoes, cut into chunky slices
- 1 aubergine, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme or marjoram leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 250g passata or creamed tomatoes (buy a 500g carton: freeze the rest)
- 250g feta, sliced
- 300ml natural yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 25g vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/fan210°C/ gas 8. Par-boil the potatoes for 5 minutes, then drain and divide between 2 roasting tins with the aubergine, onion, garlic and peppers. Sprinkle with the herbs, drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, until tender and scorched at the edges. Reduce the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Put half the vegetables into 6 x 350ml ovenproof dishes or a 2-litre ovenproof dish. Spoon over half the passata and the feta. Top with the remaining vegetables and passata.
- Mix the yogurt, eggs and Parmesan in a jug, then pour over the veg. Bake individual dishes for 20 minutes or the large dish for 30 minutes. Check the yogurt mix is firm before serving, garnished with thyme leaves.
- You can freeze this dish but without the yogurt topping. If you just want to cook 2 portions, you’ll need 100ml yogurt, 1 egg and a big teaspoon of grated Parmesan for the topping.