How to flip a tortilla
Turning tortillas can be tricky, but this step-by-step method works. Just remember to use a non-stick pan and be confident and flip in one movement.
- Put the tortilla mixture into an oiled non-stick frying pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat until the edges begin to set. Loosen the edges away from the pan using a palette knife.
- When the tortilla looks almost cooked (with just a little liquid on the top), put a large plate over the pan.
- Flip the pan, holding the plate on it so the tortilla drops onto the plate. A little uncooked egg might leak out.
- Grease the pan again with a little oil. Slide the tortilla back into the pan
- Cook for a further 1-2 minutes before inverting it to serve.
This you’ve got it? Now try one of these tortilla recipes.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter