How to flip a tortilla
Turning tortillas can be tricky, but this step-by-step method works. Just remember to use a non-stick pan and be confident and flip in one movement.
- Put the tortilla mixture into an oiled non-stick frying pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat until the edges begin to set. Loosen the edges away from the pan using a palette knife.
- When the tortilla looks almost cooked (with just a little liquid on the top), put a large plate over the pan.
- Flip the pan, holding the plate on it so the tortilla drops onto the plate. A little uncooked egg might leak out.
- Grease the pan again with a little oil. Slide the tortilla back into the pan
- Cook for a further 1-2 minutes before inverting it to serve.
This you’ve got it? Now try one of these tortilla recipes.