Asparagus, ham and chive filo tartlets
- June 2011
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
Make the most of asparagus, while it’s in season, and cook this easy filo tart starter recipe for your friends.
- 21.5g (12.1g saturated)
- 3.5g (0.8g sugar)
- 3 large free range eggs
- 150ml double cream
- 3 large filo pastry sheets
- 75g butter, melted
- ½ x 250g asparagus bunch, woody ends snapped off, stems thinly sliced, tips left whole
- 90g cooked ham hock, shredded (from deli counters, or ready-pulled from Waitrose)
- Small bunch of fresh chives, snipped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Whisk together the eggs and cream in a bowl, season well, then set aside.
- Brush each sheet of filo pastry with the melted butter, then cut each sheet into 8 squares. Layer 3 squares of filo pastry into 8 holes of a muffin tin.
- Divide the sliced asparagus, shredded ham and chives (reserving a few for serving) evenly among each tart case and pour over the egg mixture. Top with the asparagus tips. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and just set. Scatter with extra chives to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...