Beetroot, goat’s cheese and crème fraîche pinsa romana
- January 2021
- Makes enough to top 2 pinsa bases
- Hands-on time 10 min (plus making the pizza bases), oven time 6-8 min
The Roman-style pizza base in this recipe is easy to make and can be jazzed up with all sorts of vegetarian toppings like this finger-licking beetroot and goat’s cheese combination.
Or, try our spinach and pine nut pinsa romana – another delicious vegetarian pizza topping.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 25.5g (12.6g saturated)
- 54.3g (5.7g sugars)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Bunch spring onions, trimmed
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 pinsa romana bases
- 150g cooked beetroot, sliced
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- Heat a griddle pan or grill to medium hot, lightly drizzle oil over the spring onions, then griddle/grill for 5 minutes, turning, until tender. Remove and cool (see Make Ahead tip).
- Heat the oven to 230°C/210°C fan/gas 8. Spread half the crème fraîche over each base, then top with half the spring onions, beetroot, goat’s cheese and parmesan. Season, then bake for 6-8 minutes until the toppings are melted and golden.
Complete to the end of step 1 up to 2 days ahead, then cover and chill until needed.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...