Spinach and pine nut pinsa romana
- January 2021
- Makes enough to top 2 pinsa bases
- Hands-on time 15 min (plus making the pizza base), oven time 6-8 min
Looking for vegetarian pizza topping ideas? How about this restaurant-level vegetarian combination of spinach, pine nuts and fontina cheese? We’ve used a pinsa romana (roman-style) pizza base.
Alternatively, how about this this vegetarian pinsa romana pizza with beetroot, goat’s cheese and crème fraîche?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 20.6g (7.2g saturated)
- 51.4g (2.7g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 250g spinach leaves, washed
- 2 pinsa romana bases
- 125g fontina cheese or mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, garlic and thyme with some salt and pepper over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes until well softened. Add the spinach, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes or until just wilted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool (see Make Ahead).
- Heat the oven to 230°C/210°C fan/gas 8. Divide the spinach mixture between the 2 bases, then top with the fontina/mozzarella, pine nuts and parmesan. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the toppings are melted and golden.
Complete to the end of step 1 up to 2 days ahead, then cover and chill until needed.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beetroot, goat’s cheese and crème fraîche pinsa romana
The Roman-style pizza base in this recipe is easy to make and can be jazzed...