Chocolate Mini Egg cookies
- April 2022
- Makes about 18 cookies
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus chilling. Oven time 8 min.
These seriously chocolately Mini Egg cookies are loaded with strawberry pieces and marshmallows. An easy Easter bake to make with kids.
Have you seen our epic chocolate orange rocky road?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.5g (8.7g saturated)
- 29.7g (21.3g sugars)
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g salted butter, softened
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g plain flour
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g mini eggs, roughly chopped (or 100g milk chocolate)
- 50g mini marshmallows (vegetarian if need be)
- 20g freeze-dried strawberries, roughly chopped
- Line 2 large baking sheets. Melt the dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the butter and sugars in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and cooled melted chocolate, followed by the flour, coconut, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix in the mini eggs, marshmallows and most of the strawberries. Cover and chill for 1 hour to firm up.
- Heat the oven to 170°C fan/gas 5. Divide the dough into balls (about 1 heaped tbsp each). Arrange them on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart (they’ll spread), then bake for 8 minutes until spread and just set. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining strawberries. Set aside to cool on the trays before moving (the cookies will firm up as they cool).
Easy swaps: Freeze-dried strawberries can be found in the baking aisle of larger supermarkets or at Ocado. Swap for freeze-dried raspberries or chopped nuts if you prefer.
Prepare and shape the dough, then store, well wrapped, in the fridge for 2-3 days. Or open-freeze until solid, then store in the freezer in an airtight container. To cook from frozen, add 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...