- September 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Add a fiery kick to your dinner with this quick version of a classic Italian carbonara recipe which replaces ham with smoky chorizo.
- 27.3g (9.4g saturated)
- 72.5g (5g sugars)
- 400g spaghetti
- 160g cooking chorizo
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 50g parmesan
- 1 lemon
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti to the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes until al dente (or cook according to the packet instructions). Drain the pasta, reserving a ladleful of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile slice the chorizo into rounds. Set a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the chorizo slices and fry for 4-5 minutes, turning once, until starting to crisp. Remove from the heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, then grate the parmesan into another bowl and beat 3 tbsp of it into the eggs. Finely grate the zest from the lemon.
- Tip the drained pasta onto the chorizo in the pan and toss well. Add the egg and parmesan mixture and the grated lemon zest, then toss until the mixture thickens but doesn’t scramble. Use a little of the reserved pasta water to loosen the mixture if need be.
- Squeeze over a little lemon juice, then serve sprinkled with the reserved parmesan and some freshly ground black pepper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes with chorizo
Chorizo, cannellini and sage orecchiette with breadcrumbs
A quick and easy pasta recipe that is on the table and ready to eat...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...