Crisp-skinned jackets with cheese, chorizo and spring onions
- October 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 1 hour 5 min
Create the ultimate comfort dish with this recipe using cheese, chorizo and spring onion all nestled comfortably inside a crispy-skinned jacket potato.
- 57.1g (24.2g saturated)
- 43.1g (6.5g sugars)
- 2 baking potatoes
- Olive oil for rubbing and brushing
- Bunch spring onions
- 2-3 cooking chorizo sausages (150g), sliced in half lengthways, then each piece halved
- 20g butter (optional)
- 60g mature cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- A few chives, snipped
- Handful fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, then rub with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake on a baking tray on the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Heat a griddle pan or grill until hot. Brush the spring onions with a little oil and griddle/grill for 3-4 minutes until tender and slightly charred. Remove and keep warm, then griddle/grill the chorizo for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Make a cross in the top of each potato and push the sides to open the tops. Fill with butter (if using) and cheese, then put back in the oven to melt for 5 minutes. Serve topped with the chorizo, spring onions, soured cream, herbs and some black pepper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Potatoes with thyme and garlic
This potato recipe is cooked en papillotte (in a paper parcel) which holds in moisture...
Mother's Day brunch recipes
Potato champ cakes with crispy bacon and fried eggs
These savoury potato pancakes made with champ mash and topped with bacon and a fried...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...