Crisp-skinned jackets with cheese, chorizo and spring onions
- October 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 1 hour 5 min
Create the ultimate comfort dish with this recipe using cheese, chorizo and spring onion all nestled comfortably inside a crispy-skinned jacket potato.
- 57.1g (24.2g saturated)
- 43.1g (6.5g sugars)
- 2 baking potatoes
- Olive oil for rubbing and brushing
- Bunch spring onions
- 2-3 cooking chorizo sausages (150g), sliced in half lengthways, then each piece halved
- 20g butter (optional)
- 60g mature cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- A few chives, snipped
- Handful fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, then rub with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake on a baking tray on the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Heat a griddle pan or grill until hot. Brush the spring onions with a little oil and griddle/grill for 3-4 minutes until tender and slightly charred. Remove and keep warm, then griddle/grill the chorizo for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Make a cross in the top of each potato and push the sides to open the tops. Fill with butter (if using) and cheese, then put back in the oven to melt for 5 minutes. Serve topped with the chorizo, spring onions, soured cream, herbs and some black pepper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chilli corned beef hash with egg
This chilli corned beef hash with egg recipe is budget-friendly and quick to make. Enjoy...
Cheese-stuffed jacket potatoes with cheese and bacon
These cheese-stuffed jacket potatoes combine cream cheese, cheddar, crispy bacon and a hint of garlic,...