Drunk spanish devils on horseback
- December 2015
- Makes 30
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 10 min, plus overnight macerating
If you want to get ahead of the game, these sherry-soaked, stuffed prunes are the recipe for you.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 3.8g (0.9g saturated)
- 2.1g (2g sugars)
- 30 stoned prunes
- 30 whole salted almond
- 30 small fresh thyme sprigs
- 200ml dry oloroso sherry
- 15 streaky bacon rashers, in half
- Cocktail sticks
- Stuff the prunes with 1 whole salted almond and a small fresh thyme sprig each. Soak in sherry overnight, covered, somewhere cool.
- When ready to cook, remove the prunes from the sherry and wrap each one in a bacon rasher, securing with a cocktail stick.
- Heat a grill to high, then arrange the wrapped prunes on a foil-lined baking sheet, spaced. Grill, turning once, for 8-10 minutes until the bacon is crisp and cooked through. Serve
Get these all wrapped up and ready to go, then leave covered in the fridge (overnight is fine) before grilling.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Polenta, olive and sesame cubes with caramelised peppers
These polenta, olive and sesame cubes make great little snacks or canapés. If you’re entertaining,...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...