Fig, pear and goat’s cheese salad
- September 2010
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
This salad recipe includes walnuts, which are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and also provide protein while figs and pears contain an abundance of fibre. A perfect summer salad.
- 25.7g (9.6g saturated)
- 14.5g (13.7g sugars)
- 4 fresh figs, cut into quarters
- 50g walnut halves
- 175g goat’s cheese log, broken into pieces
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 pears, cored and thickly sliced
- 70g bag of rocket
- Heat the grill to medium. Place the figs, walnut halves and goat’s cheese on a lined baking tray, then grill for 5-6 minutes, to soften the figs and cheese and bring out all the flavours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the pears and rocket in a large bowl and toss together with the dressing. Divide among 4 plates and top with the grilled figs, walnuts and goat’s cheese.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Nectarine, fig and blue cheese salad
The proven match: cheese and fruit. Here they meet in a beautiful salad – the...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...