Nectarine, fig and blue cheese salad
- July 2014
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 6-8 min
The proven match: cheese and fruit. Here they meet in a beautiful salad – the nectarines can be swapped for apples or pears.
- 38.6g (13.9g saturated)
- 16.2g (15.2g sugars)
- 30g skinned and blanched hazelnuts
- 1 ripe nectarine or peach
- 2-3 ripe figs
- 50g red-tipped little gem lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 red chicory, leaves separated
- 20g watercress sprigs or rocket leaves
- 100g beenleigh blue cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp clear honey
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Roast the nuts in a baking tray for 6-8 minutes until golden. Leave to cool, then roughly chop.
- Halve the nectarine/peach, remove and discard the stone, then cut into wedges. Cut the figs into wedges.
- Mix the salad leaves and sprigs, then scatter over 2 large plates. Arrange the wedges of fruit and slices of cheese among the leaves.
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice and honey in a bowl with salt and pepper. Drizzle over each plate, then scatter over the toasted nuts and serve. Nectarine, fig and blue cheese salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...