Nectarine, fig and blue cheese salad
- July 2014
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 6-8 min
The proven match: cheese and fruit. Here they meet in a beautiful salad – the nectarines can be swapped for apples or pears.
- 38.6g (13.9g saturated)
- 16.2g (15.2g sugars)
- 30g skinned and blanched hazelnuts
- 1 ripe nectarine or peach
- 2-3 ripe figs
- 50g red-tipped little gem lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 red chicory, leaves separated
- 20g watercress sprigs or rocket leaves
- 100g beenleigh blue cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp clear honey
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Roast the nuts in a baking tray for 6-8 minutes until golden. Leave to cool, then roughly chop.
- Halve the nectarine/peach, remove and discard the stone, then cut into wedges. Cut the figs into wedges.
- Mix the salad leaves and sprigs, then scatter over 2 large plates. Arrange the wedges of fruit and slices of cheese among the leaves.
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice and honey in a bowl with salt and pepper. Drizzle over each plate, then scatter over the toasted nuts and serve. Nectarine, fig and blue cheese salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian starter recipes
Parma ham, fig and mozzarella salad with warm pitta
Eat like an Italian with this easy recipe for Parma...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter