French bread pizzas
- October 2006
- 2 short fat French sticks
- 2 tbsp tomato pasta sauce from a jar (we like Sacla Classic Tomato & Parmesan)
- 290g jar chargrilled artichoke hearts in olive oil
- 150g thinly sliced salami
- 75g pitted black olives
- Handful torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 x 150g packs mozzarella, drained and torn into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cut the French sticks in half, halve again horizontally and place, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Spread each piece with the tomato pasta sauce.
- Drain the artichoke hearts, halve each heart and divide between the pizza bases, along with the salami, olives and basil. Scatter the mozzarella over the top and finish with a grind of black pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is lightly golden. Serve with a crisp green salad.
Rate & review