- November 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on Time 10 min, Oven time 30-35 min
This hearty vegetarian pie uses up leftovers from our butternut chilli recipe. It’s comforting, packed full of veggies and couldn’t be easier to make.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.7g (11.1g saturated)
- 57.6g (14.2g sugars)
- ½ batch butternut squash chilli, (defrosted if frozen)
- 2-3 handfuls sliced kale, any tough woody stalks removed
- 800g mashed potato (freshly made or defrosted, frozen leftover mash)
- 100g cheddar, grated
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the defrosted chilli into a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish and stir in the kale. Top with the mash, then scatter over the cheese.
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes or until golden and bubbling hot. Serve immediately.
If you don’t like kale, add some frozen vegetables such as carrot, sweetcorn or peas – or a mixture of all three.
Keep batches of leftover mashed potato in the freezer ready to use.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...