Lemon ricotta bruschetta with Tenderstem and heirloom tomatoes
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 5 min
Griddled sourdough bread topped with ricotta, tomatoes, capers, fresh mint and Tenderstem broccoli makes a perfect springtime lunch.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g Tenderstem broccoli
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fruity olive oil
- 200g ricotta
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 250g heirloom or Heritage tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- Small handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Griddle the Tenderstem until just cooked, about 3-4 minutes. Grill or toast the sourdough bread then rub with the garlic cloves while still warm so the garlic melts into the bread. Place on a serving dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta with most of the lemon zest and the juice. Season to taste then spread the mixture evenly over the slices of bread and top with the tomatoes. Arrange the Tenderstem over the bruschetta then sprinkle over the capers. Finish with some mint and a little extra lemon zest. Serve straight away.
RECIPE FROM TENDERSTEM
Rate & review