Lemon ricotta bruschetta with Tenderstem and heirloom tomatoes
- Online only
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 5 min
Need a quick, seasonal starter to a spring meal or an easy springtime lunch? These colourful bruschetta made with griddled sourdough bread and topped with ricotta, tomatoes, capers, fresh mint and Tenderstem broccoli are really easy and combine fresh flavours with crunchy textures.
Alternatively, how about these Tenderstem broccoli and spring onion galettes with goat’s cheese?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g Tenderstem broccoli
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fruity olive oil
- 200g ricotta
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 250g heirloom or Heritage tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- Small handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Griddle the Tenderstem until just cooked, about 3-4 minutes. Grill or toast the sourdough bread then rub with the garlic cloves while still warm so the garlic melts into the bread. Place on a serving dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta with most of the lemon zest and the juice. Season to taste then spread the mixture evenly over the slices of bread and top with the tomatoes. Arrange the Tenderstem over the bruschetta then sprinkle over the capers. Finish with some mint and a little extra lemon zest. Serve straight away.
RECIPE FROM TENDERSTEM
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tenderstem and spring onion galettes with goat’s cheese
This open-face style tart recipe is called a galette. It’s packed with fresh spring veg...
Healthy salad recipes
Quinoa, tenderstem broccoli, avocado and tuna salad
If you’re looking for a healthy, tasty and super speedy meal, this is it. Ready...
Recipes to celebrate spring
As new shoots start to creep through, it's...
Easter lunch recipes
Whether you're serving a slap-up Easter roast dinner...
Vegetarian starter recipes
Looking for vegetarian starters? How about a tomato...
Working from home lunch recipes
If you're working from home at the moment,...