Grilled goat’s cheese and cherry tomato pasta
- July 2013
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This quick and easy goat’s cheese and tomato pasta recipe is a perfect mid-week vegetarian standby.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 31.7g (10.7g saturated)
- 74.7g (5.7g sugars)
- 400g spaghetti or other pasta
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 200g chèvre blanc log (French goat’s cheese), sliced into 1cm thick rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain, then return to the pan with a little cooking water.
- Meanwhile, set a frying pan over a high heat then, when really hot, add the cherry tomatoes. Turn the heat to medium, then cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking occasionally.
- Put the sliced chèvre blanc on the prepared baking sheet and grill for 3-4 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Remove the lid from the tomato pan (the skins may have blackened slightly), then add the olive oil, sugar, garlic and thyme. Season well, then squash any whole tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Bubble until you have a thick, rustic sauce.
- Toss the sauce through the cooked pasta, then divide among serving bowls. Crumble over the grilled chèvre blanc, drizzle with the extra- virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then serve garnished with basil.
Get your pan really hot before adding the tomatoes so their skins caramelise, giving a rich, sweet pasta sauce. For a smoother sauce, pass it through a fine sieve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick Italian midweek meal recipes
Linguine with roasted tomatoes, prawns, garlic and basil
This linguine with roasted tomatoes, prawns, garlic and basil recipe makes a low-fat, easy pasta...