Harissa beef and crispy potatoes
- March 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 30 min
Leave the potatoes to crisp up in the oven while you make the harissa-spiked beef chilli. Sprinkle with feta and the chopped fresh herbs and… Voilà.
Wondering what to do with the remaining harissa? We’ve got some nifty ways to use up leftover harissa in our collection.
- 5.8g (6.3g saturated)
- 38.2g (10.1g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 600g potatoes, cut into rough chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 400g British lean beef mince
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tsp harissa paste
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mixed parsley, mint and coriander
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put 2 tbsp oil in a medium shallow roasting tin and put in the oven to heat up. Add the potatoes and onions to the tin, then roast for 30 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat another 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and brown the mince over a medium heat, then add the chopped tomatoes and 150ml cold water. Bring up to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir in the harissa, season, then simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium, spoon the beef mixture over the potatoes, sprinkle over the feta, then grill for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs to serve
Make the harissa beef mince, cover and chill for up to 2 days. Roast the potatoes, reheat the mince and finish step 3 of the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy fish recipes
Breaded harissa cod with lemon and red onion couscous
A super healthy cod recipe – with a spicy harissa breadcrumb topping – comes served...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...