Harissa chicken, new potato and carrot traybake
- July 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 50-60 min
Simply pop all the ingredients in a tray, roast until soft and caramelised and serve scattered with the fresh herbs and lemon zest. Our harissa chicken traybake is super easy and light on the wallet too!
Find our easy Mexican-spiced chicken traybake for another healthy family meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 15.4g (3.6g saturated)
- 28.1g (9g sugars)
- 1kg British free-range chicken drumstick
- 500g miniature potatoes
- 450g baby heritage carrots
- 2 tbsp green harissa paste (use regular harissa or zhoug if you can’t find green harissa)
- 6 garlic cloves, bashed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200ml dry white wine
- 135g baby leeks
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon to serve
- Handful fresh mint or flatleaf parsley, roughly torn, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the chicken, potatoes, carrots, harissa paste and garlic cloves in a large roasting tin. Drizzle with the oil, then toss everything together to coat in the harissa. Season with salt and pepper,
then pour over the white wine.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 30 minutes, then add the leeks and roast for 20-30 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp. Scatter over the lemon zest and herbs and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...