Harissa salmon with green lentils and roast cherry tomatoes
- April 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 35 min
Bring some wow to your table. This harissa salmon recipe, served with green lentils and roasted cherry tomatoes, is great for easy entertaining or a midweek treat.
Not a fan of lentils (how can you not be)? Then this harissa salmon recipe is served with giant couscous, lemon and fresh herbs.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 31.5g (5.5g saturated)
- 43.8g (6.4g sugars)
- 4 skinless sustainable salmon fillets
- 4 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, lightly bashed and peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 300g green or puy lentils
- 1 litre vegetable stock (we made ours using Marigold bouillon powder, available in most supermarkets)
- Grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- Small bunch each fresh parsley and mint, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the salmon fillets in a roasting tin. Spread the harissa over the fillets, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the cherry tomatoes to the tin and set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a saucepan with the red onion and cook for a few minutes, then add the garlic, bay leaf, lentils and stock. Stir well, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until the lentils are tender and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- After the lentils have been cooking for 15 minutes, put the salmon in the oven and roast
- Remove and discard the garlic and bay leaf from the lentils, stir in the lemon zest and juice and half the chopped herbs, then taste and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the lentils among plates (or on a serving platter), top with the tomatoes and salmon, then sprinkle with the rest of the herbs. Serve with a mixed salad or seasonal greens.
The salmon, tomatoes and lentils will keep in separate airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Harissa is a chilli spice paste, readily available in supermarkets. It’s a great storecupboard ingredient – use as a marinade for fish and chicken or stir into soups and stews.
Chablis – the balance and freshness of this cooler-climate chardonnay is spot on.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken salad recipes
Harissa chicken with bulgur wheat and parsley salad
Add flavour to plain chicken breasts in a flash. This harissa chicken is served with...
Healthy fish recipes
Breaded harissa cod with lemon and red onion couscous
A super healthy cod recipe – with a spicy harissa breadcrumb topping – comes served...