Quick harissa salmon with giant couscous
- August 2012
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp rose harissa (we like Belazu)
- 800ml vegetable or chicken stock, hot
- 400g giant couscous
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Glug of extra-virgin olive oil
- Handful each of fresh coriander and fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Coat the salmon fillets with the rose harissa. Heat a non-stick frying pan on high and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side (skin-side down first) until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan, bring the stock to the boil. Add the couscous and simmer for 6-8 minutes until tender, then drain and put in a serving dish.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, coriander and parsley into the couscous and season. Serve each portion with a salmon fillet on top.
Next time, use 4 chicken breasts instead of salmon, coat with harissa, then fry in a splash of oil for 6 minutes or so on each side until cooked through. Serve with the couscous.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter