Lentil, broccoli and egg salad with crunchy seeds
- March 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
There’s so much goodness packed into this healthy veggie salad including fibre-rich lentils, tenderstem broccoli, fudgy boiled eggs and a smattering of crunchy seeds. It’s a brilliant bowful that’s sure to make you feel good!
Check out more filling salad recipes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 26.7g (5g saturated)
- 19.8g (6.1g sugars)
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, larger spears halved
- 3 tbsp mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp honey, plus an extra squeeze
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 250g pouch ready-cooked puy lentils
- 60g bag baby kale
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- A few fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Put the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring up to a simmer, then cook for 6 minutes (they’ll be done with slightly fudgy yolks). Cool under cold running water, then peel and cut in half.
- Meanwhile, heat a second pan with a steamer basket inside, add the broccoli, then steam for 3-4 minutes until still firm to the bite. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Put the seeds in a small non-stick frying pan and toast over a medium heat for a few minutes. Add 1 tbsp honey along with the tamari and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice and a squeeze of honey in a jam jar with salt and pepper and ½ tsp water, then shake until well combined.
- Heat the lentils according to the pack instructions, then mix them in a large bowl with the kale, avocado, broccoli and most of the dressing. Arrange the halved eggs on top, then scatter over the seeds. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, then scatter over a few basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pan-fried broccoli with chorizo, new potatoes and eggs
There are just six ingredients and 20 minutes between you and this tasty salad recipe....
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...