Greek salad with mint and fried halloumi
- June 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 min to make
This Greek salad recipe from Silvana Franco is bound to be a hit whether you’re a veggie or not.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.9g (9.9 saturated)
- 15.5g (5.9g sugar)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 100g kalamata olives
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of ½ lime, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g halloumi, cut into 8 slices
- Plain flour for dusting
- In a bowl, toss together the cucumber, tomatoes, olives, onion, oregano, fresh mint, lime juice and 1 tbsp of the olive oil, then season well. The salad can now be covered and chilled until ready to serve.
- Divide the salad among plates. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Dust the halloumi slices lightly with flour, shake off any excess, then fry for a couple of minutes on each side until golden. Serve immediately, with the salad.
Rate & review