Mini Yorkshire puddings with venison
- January 2008
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 175ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 200g smoked venison slices (from Waitrose and good delis), cut into strips
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce or jelly
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 24 watercress sprigs, washed and dried
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/fan210°C/gas 8. Put ½ teaspoon of oil into each hole of 2 x 12-hole mini muffin tins and put in the oven.
- Combine the milk, 120ml water and the eggs in a jug. Sift the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt and gradually whisk in the milk mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Pour enough batter into the tins to come two-thirds of the way up each hole, then return to the oven, without opening the oven door, for 15 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Fill each Yorkshire with a curl of smoked venison, a dab of cranberry sauce, a splodge of crème fraîche and a watercress sprig.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mustard Yorkshire puddings
Who can say no to a Yorkshire pudding? These have a little mustard for a...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...