Mini Yorkshire puddings with venison
- January 2008
- Makes 24
- Ready in 30 minutes
These mini Yorkshire puddings, served with smoked venison, make a scrumptious canapé for a cocktail or dinner party.
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 175ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 200g smoked venison slices (from Waitrose and good delis), cut into strips
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce or jelly
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 24 watercress sprigs, washed and dried
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/fan210°C/gas 8. Put ½ teaspoon of oil into each hole of 2 x 12-hole mini muffin tins and put in the oven.
- Combine the milk, 120ml water and the eggs in a jug. Sift the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt and gradually whisk in the milk mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Pour enough batter into the tins to come two-thirds of the way up each hole, then return to the oven, without opening the oven door, for 15 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Fill each Yorkshire with a curl of smoked venison, a dab of cranberry sauce, a splodge of crème fraîche and a watercress sprig.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mustard Yorkshire puddings
Who can say no to a Yorkshire pudding? These have a little mustard for a...