One-pan feta filo tart
- November 2011
- 10 filo pastry sheets
- 50g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 250g ricotta
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 225g feta, crumbled
- 250g baby spinach
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- Small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of ½
- 200g roasted peppers, drained and sliced
- Preheat a baking sheet in the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Brush the filo sheets with the melted butter, then layer in a 20cm greased high- sided ovenproof sauté pan, allowing at least 11cm of filo to overhang all around. In a bowl, mix the ricotta, eggs, garlic and feta, then season.
- Wilt the spinach in a colander in the sink by pouring boiling water over. Refresh under cold water, drain, squeeze dry and roughly chop. Fold the spinach, pine nuts, parsley, lemon zest and juice, and peppers through the ricotta mix.
- Spoon the ricotta mix into the pan, then fold the pastry over the top, scrunching to seal. Brush the pastry all over with more melted butter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and set. Remove from the oven, then cool for 5 minutes before serving in slices with a green salad.
Rate & review