- March 2005
- Serves 6
- Ready in about 1 hour
These homemade, oven-roasted chips are less fatty than their fried cousins and are sure to please everyone.
- 5.9g (0.6g saturated)
- 34.4g (1.2g sugar)
- 4 large baking potatoes, unpeeled
- Vegetable oil, for coating
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cut the unpeeled potatoes into chunky slices, then cut each slice into medium chips. Pile into a large non-stick roasting tin and drizzle with plenty of vegetable oil. Sprinkle with some sea salt and thyme. Using both hands, toss everything together to coat in the oil. Spread out in an even layer in the tin.
- Put the chips in the oven for about 45-50 minutes, tossing them halfway through the cooking time, or until golden brown and tender.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Soba noodle and prawn salad with coriander and peanut pesto
We’ve used a combination of punchy flavours, including coriander, ginger, chilli and lime, to create...