Pancetta-wrapped asparagus with baked feta and honey
- April 2023
- Serves 2-4
- Hands-on time 10 min. Oven time 20 min
Wrap asparagus spears in pancetta and roast with feta until golden. Serve with chilli-spiked honey and crusty bread for an easy lunch or supper.
Make the most of spears season with our 15 best asparagus recipes.
- 22g (10.4g saturated)
- 20g (20g sugars)
- 3 dried red chillies
- 100g runny honey
- 12 slices pancetta
- 12 asparagus spears
- 200g block feta
- Olive oil to drizzle
- ¼ bunch thyme
- Crusty bread to serve (optional)
- Begin by making the hot honey so it has time to infuse. Toast the chillies in a hot dry pan for a few minutes, then roughly chop and return to the pan with the honey. Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Heat the oven to 200ºC fan/gas 7. Wrap a pancetta rasher around each spear of asparagus and put in an oven dish. Put the thyme in the centre and top with the block of feta. Drizzle in a little oil and season each side of the feta with plenty of freshly cracked black pepper. Put in the hot oven for 10-15 minutes until the pancetta is crisp and the feta is golden.
- Drizzle the hot honey over the feta and return to the oven for 5 more minutes, then serve warm, spreading the feta over the asparagus spears or using bread to scoop it up.
Don’t waste it: Keep the woody asparagus ends to be used in vegetable stock.
Scale it up: The hot honey will last indefinitely and the flavour develops over time, so feel free to scale it up. Around 8-10 chillies is enough for a 330ml jar of honey.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Comfort food recipes
Asparagus and pancetta soldiers with soft-boiled eggs
Swap toast soldiers for pancetta-wrapped asparagus in this easy low-carb...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter