- February 2005
- Serves 4 people
- Takes 50 minutes to make, plus marinating
This paprika-spiced pork skewers recipe is low fat, making it a healthy and colourful midweek meal.
- 8.7g (2.2g saturated)
- 14.4g (10.1g sugar)
- 3 small lemons
- 500g pork fillet (tenderloin), trimmed of all fat and cut into 32 small pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander and turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 16 fresh bay leaves
- 16 whole pickled red chillies (optional)
- 3 red onions, thickly sliced
- 3 beef tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Large handful torn fresh flatleaf parsley
- Finely grate the zest from 1 lemon and squeeze the juice. Put both into a bowl with the pork, garlic, oregano, ground spices and yogurt. Mix well, cover and set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes (or up to 2 hours if you have the time).
- Preheat the grill to hot. Cut each of the remaining lemons into 8 wedges. Thread 4 pieces of pork, 2 wedges of lemon, 2 bay leaves and 2 chillies alternately on each skewer. Arrange on a large foil-lined grill tray and grill for 15 minutes, turning, until the pork is cooked through and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/ gas 4, and heat a large griddle pan until smoking. Brush the onions and tomatoes with the oil and season well. Chargrill the onions for 5 minutes, turn them over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking dish and keep hot in the oven while you cook the tomatoes. Add the tomatoes to the griddle pan and chargrill for 2-3 minutes, without turning.
- Pile the tomatoes onto serving plates with the onions and sprinkle over some balsamic vinegar and flatleaf parsley. Arrange the spiced pork skewers on top to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken thigh recipes
Tandoori-style chicken skewers with green rice and cherry salad
Take your barbecue up a notch with lightly charred courgette, pepper and marinated chicken skewers....
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...