Pasta with watercress and radish pesto
- June 2022
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Use up summer veg in this vibrant pasta recipe with a peppery radish and watercress pesto. The thrifty recipe uses every part of the radish to cut down on food waste.
Make the most of summer produce in your midweek meals with more of our summer pasta recipes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 33.9g (7.9g saturated)
- 65.1g (4.6g sugars)
- Bunch radishes with leaves (about 275g), radishes finely sliced, leaves roughly chopped
- 80g watercress
- 70g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 70g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 100ml olive oil
- 300g trofie (or another shape)
- 250g frozen peas
- Put the radish leaves and half the watercress and any thick watercress stalks in a food processor. Add the pumpkin seeds, cheese, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Whizz to a paste, then tip in half the sliced radishes. Pour in the oil, season with salt and pepper, then pulse until the radishes are finely chopped.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions until al dente, adding the peas for the final 1 minute of cooking. Reserve a cupful of cooking water. Drain and return the pasta and peas to the pan, then stir in the pesto, adding enough of the cooking water to loosen so it coats the pasta. Divide among plates and top with the rest of the radish slices and watercress.
NEXT TIME You could spread the pesto over crostini with some crumbled feta, dollop onto salmon or steak or use to dress boiled new potatoes.
Chill the sauce in a tub for up to a week, or freeze for up to a month.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy sausage pasta with watercress and chestnut pesto
Our speedy sausage pasta recipe, with chestnuts and watercress, serves two people and uses shortcut...
Quick pasta recipes
All our speedy pasta recipes are ready in...
15-minute meal recipes
When 15 minutes is all you have, these...
June seasonal recipes
British produce shines so brightly in June. The...
With its peppery leaves, watercress adds a knockout...
Crunchy, peppery, juicy and colourful – use radishes...
Summer pasta recipes
Find a food that can do both...Pasta may...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...