- July 2007
- Makes about 450g
- Hands on time 25 mins, plus drying
This easy peppermint creams recipe is great for keeping kids busy and tastes delicious, too.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 400-420g icing sugar, plus extra
- Few drops of peppermint flavouring or peppermint oil
- Pink and green food colourings (optional)
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg white. Add the lemon juice and gradually add the icing sugar, mixing, until you have a smooth, firm dough.
- Add the peppermint flavouring or oil to the dough and mix together. Divide into 2 and add a little pink colour to one and green to the other, if using. Knead until the colour is even. Wrap in cling film if you’re not using the dough immediately.
- Dust a work surface with a little icing sugar. Using a dusted rolling pin, roll the mixture out and use cutters to cut out shapes or letters. Leave to dry on a large, lined baking tray, then eat or wrap up ready for the children to take home.
If you’re short on time, make the mixture before the kids arrive and keep it covered in cling film. You’ll need a selection of cutters – letters or shapes.
Rate & review