Quick coronation chicken salad
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Our hearty coronation chicken salad, served with toasted naan croutons, is packed with flavour. You can make the chicken mix the day before, so it’s great for a packed lunch.
- 35.8g (4.2g saturated)
- 43.4g (6.6g sugars)
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp medium curry powder
- 2 cooked free-range chicken breasts, shredded
- 80-100g bag watercress
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced into half-moons
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 naan breads, toasted and torn into large chunks (see tips)
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- In a bowl, mix together the mayo, curry powder, chicken and some salt and pepper (see tips).
- In another bowl, toss together the watercress, cucumber and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mango chutney and olive oil and season to taste.
- Toss half the dressing with the salad and arrange on a platter or divide among 4 plates, then add the chicken and naan chunks on the side. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
If you like, add a pinch each of garam masala and ground cinnamon and a small handful of raisins to the mixture in step 1. Put the naan breads in the toaster for 3-4 minutes to avoid turning on the oven.
Prepare the coronation chicken mixture up to a day ahead and keep covered in the fridge. Use up any leftovers in sandwiches.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Extra special coronation chicken
We have given our coronation chicken recipe a modern twist by marinating, then grilling the...