Roast hasselback potatoes with bay and brandy butter
- December 2020
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 50-55 min
These bay-garnished roast hasselback potatoes will look pretty as a picture on your Christmas dinner table. A glug of brandy makes them all the more festive.
Leftovers can be worked into this indulgent fondue hasselback potato bake.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 10.7g fat (4.9g saturated)
- 3.4g protein
- 31.3g carbs (1.5g sugars)
- 3.4g fibre
- 0.5g salt
- 1kg charlotte potatoes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Large handful of bay leaves
- 50g ready-made garlic butter
- 4 tbsp brandy
- Part-slice all the potatoes, one potato at a time: put a potato in the bowl of a wooden spoon then, using a sharp knife, cut down, widthways, at 3mm intervals (the spoon will stop you cutting all the way through, keeping the potato in one piece).
- Put the potatoes on a baking tray, then toss with olive oil and seasoning. Roast in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and distribute the bay leaves among the slits of the potatoes, then return to the oven for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are golden and crisp.
- Mix the garlic butter with the brandy, dot over the potatoes straight from the oven and toss to coat. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, then serve.
Make up to 2 days in advance, then cool, cover and chill. Reheat in a low oven to serve.
Rate & review