Roasted rainbow carrot salad
- October 2021
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min
Roast rainbow carrots then tumble together with pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, herbs and lemony dressing for an easy, colourful warm salad.
Make a meal of it: try our filling honey-roast carrot and chickpea salad with labneh.
- 12.6g (1.9g saturated)
- 24g (21.7g sugars)
- 1 tbsp clear honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5kg mixed heirloom or rainbow carrots, trimmed (or use regular)
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- Handful salad leaves
- 30g pumpkin seeds, toasted in a dry pan
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp each chopped parsley, coriander and mint
You’ll also need…
- Large roasting tin lined with compostable baking paper
- Heat the oven to 180ºC fan/gas 6. Whisk together the honey/syrup, lemon zest, 1 tbsp of the oil and a little seasoning.
- Halve the carrots lengthways and put them in the prepared roasting tin with the onion wedges. Add the oil mixture and stir well so all the carrots are lightly glazed. Spread out the veg in a single layer and roast for 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring several times.
- Whisk the lemon juice, remaining oil and some salt and pepper. Arrange the carrots and some salad leaves on a large platter. Top with the pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds and herbs, then drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Roast the carrots up to a day ahead, cover and chill. Reheat in a low oven or bring to room temperature 1-2 hours before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roasted baby carrot salad with creamy feta dressing
Sweet roasted chantenay carrots are drizzled in a tangy, creamy...
Healthy salad recipes
Roast carrot, beetroot and marjoram salad with fennel seed and yogurt dressing
Gently roasting carrots intensifies their sweet flavour. Tossed with fresh...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter